Newsbreak reports that Kunle Adeyanju recently completed a difficult 41-day trip to raise funds to fight polio in his country of birth, Nigeria.
The 44-year-old departed London in the United Kingdom (UK) on April 19 and arrived in Nigeria’s commercial hub Lagos on Sunday after smacking into more than 13,000 kilometres (8,000 miles) across 13 countries.
His aim was to raise funds for Rotary International’s fight against polio, which remains a threat in Africa despite being eradicated in 2020.
Courtesy of Newsbreak, below are some of the things you might not know about man-of-the-moment, Kunle Adeyanju:
- He hails from Offa in Kwara State.
- His marital status is complicated, but he has children. In the course of his remarkable trip, he met an Ivorian woman, Eba Zenab, who he fell in love with. As of the time of publishing this piece, Zenab is yet to say yes to Adeyanju’s proposal.
- Although Adeyanju is Nigerian-based, his family lives in London.
- He has been in London for about thirty years.
- Polio disease causing the death of a close friend made Adeyanju embark on the London-to-Lagos ride for the polio campaign
- He is an adventurer, entrepreneur, and author.
- He is called “Lion Heart” by fans.
- Adeyanju is a former employee of Shell plc.
- The London-Lagos trip was self-funded. Precisely, Adeyanju spent 19,000 euros ($20,400) in savings, hoping to raise up to 20 million naira ($48 million) for Rotary International.
- Adeyanju is eyeing a possible cycling trip to Ghana or a bike ride to Israel to help raise more funds. And he has another dream: to climb Mount Everest.