The Convener of the Lagos4Lagos Movement Abdulazeez Olajide Adediran, popularly known as ‘Jandor’ on Wednesday won the governorship primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State.
Courtesy of Newsbreak, below are some of the things you might not know about Jandor:
- He used to be a journalist.
- He was born as the 5th of 7 siblings on the 25th of November, 1977 in Mushin area of Lagos State to a Christian mother and a Muslim father. Olajide hails from Aworiland from the Osolu and Elete Kingdoms of Ojo Local Government Area (LGA) of Lagos State.
- He attended The Polytechnic Ibadan, Oyo State, the then satellite campus known as Adeseun Ogundoyin campus situated in Eruwa (Now Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa). There, he studied Mass Communication.
- He is also a product of Howard University School of Business, in America; Modul University, Vienna; and Oxford University, Oxford, United Kingdom (UK).
- He started his career with the Lagos State Television (LTV). After his National Diploma (ND) at Eruwa, he left the institution and worked with LTV, first as an intern and later as a full member of staff.
- It was at LTV that Jandor’s story changed. As a reporter, he was assigned to cover different beats and he carried out his assignment impressively. In the course of the discharge of his duties, he was able to meet the Nigerian society bigwigs who started showing interest in him.
- At the time when his career was blossoming at LTV, he floated his own media firm; Core Media Services, that deals with advertising, marketing, Public Relations, Media buying and selling amongst other media related activities. Core TV is also part of Core Media.
- Jandor is a Muslim and is known to have a fantastic relationship with clerics.
- He is happily married and blessed with children.
- Jandor has always said he is determined to end godfatherism in Lagos State.
Discussion about this post