Libya’s ministry of public health has confirmed that 25 people had been killed and 80 wounded in the recent clashes in the country.
It said victims included civilians and soldiers.
At least, 2,800 people have now fled the fighting near Tripoli, the capital, according to the United Nations.
The UN appealed for a two-hour truce, so as to evacuate casualties and civilians. However, fighting continued.
In response, the United States, European Union and Russia have called for an end to hostilities.
“This unilateral military campaign against Tripoli is endangering civilians and undermining prospects for a better future for all Libyans,” US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo said.
UN-backed talks were scheduled to hold between April 14 and 16, to discuss a road map for new elections.
The UN also said civilians trapped by the clashes have been cut off from vital emergency services.
Fighters backed by General Khalifa Haftar began an attack on the city last Thursday, with the aim of capturing it from UN-backed government.
Fayez al-Serraj, the Prime Minister, has accused Haftar of attempting a coup, vowing that the government will deal ruthlessly with the rebels.
Air strike on Monday struck Matiga, Tripoli’s only functioning airport, with report claiming that the attack was carried out by forces loyal to Haftar.
In retaliation, a warplane hit militia targets after the attack, but there were no report of casualties, according to Reuters news agency.
Passengers were seen evacuating the terminal shortly after the airport announced online that it was closing operations.
International communities have started evacuating their personnel from the country.
Libya has experienced violence, political instability and power struggles since the ousting and killing of former long-time ruler, Muammar Gaddafi, in 2011.