Anthony Joshua has confirmed that his highly anticipated showdown with Tyson Fury will take place in June.
The British-Nigerian boxer, who defeated Kubrat Pulev in December, will place his WBA, WBO, and IBF titles on the line for the biggest British bout of all time.
“June should be the date,” Joshua said during a JD Sports live stream on Sunday.
“Trust me. For the fans, for the people that have been calling it on for many, many months.
Read Also: Akeredolu Suspends NURTW, RTEAN In Ondo
“Shoutout to Fury and his team as well, hungry go-getters, that’s what we are. UK stand up. And to the world, we’re bringing it.
“I can’t wait. Undisputed.”
This comes after Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, assured fans that the fight will take place.
“Tyson Fury’s gonna get his wish. We are in, we are in”, Hearn told Boxing Social last week.
“Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. The undisputed king is going to be Anthony Joshua and this fight will happen.
“This fight is on, trust me.”