Ahmad Salkida, a journalist declared wanted Monday by the Nigerian Military, has responded, demanding an air ticket to hasten his trip.
Read his reply below…
“My attention has been drawn to a public notice put out by the Nigerian Army and signed by Col. Sani Kukasheka Usman, Acting Director, Army Public Relations,” he said.
“The statement declaring me wanted seeks culpable grounds to punish me on account of ‘last two videos released by Boko Haram terrorists and other findings…’ by the Army.
“Clearly, my status as a Nigerian journalist who has reported extensively, painstakingly and consistently on the Boko Haram menace in the country since 2006 is an open book known to Nigerians and the international community.
“Equally, my total allegiance and sacrifice to the Federal Republic of Nigeria is self evident. I have stayed within the creed of professional journalism in my work.”
Salkida said he had been to Nigeria three times on the invitation of the federal government to help in the recovery of the Chibok schoolgirls.
“As a testimony to the credible and professional values of my access, since May 2015, l have been to Nigeria three times on the invitation of Federal Government agencies. I made personal sacrifices for the release of our Chibok daughters.
“Finally, the Army is aware that I am not in Nigeria presently. In the coming days I will seek to get a flight to Abuja and avail myself to the Army authorities. Indeed, my return will be hastened if the Military sends me a ticket.”