According to Evening Standard, Cristiano Ronaldo will be looking for a new home after the World Cup in Qatar and it looks like Chelsea could be the front-runners to acquire his services.
Newsbreak.ng reports that Chelsea’s owner Todd Boehly previously wanted to purchase Ronaldo but couldn’t because of Thomas Tuchel’s lack of interest.
Now with Stamford Bridge experiencing a change in managerial structure, Boehly could fulfill his wishes of signing Ronaldo in January.
Meanwhile, former Liverpool defender Carragher has said Man Utd should sack Ronaldo after clips from an interview with Piers Morgan surfaced across social media on Monday evening. Just hours after Manchester United’s 2-1 win at Fulham, the Portuguese superstar came out with a number of damning comments, including the fact that he doesn’t respect manager Erik ten Hag.
Speaking on Sky Sports News, Carragher said: “It’s felt like that since he came back, it’s basically been the Cristiano Ronaldo show, sometimes that’s been good, last season on the pitch got a lot of goals. This season because he’s not played a lot, it seems like he’s craving the attention he can’t get because he’s not on the pitch.
“I think they should sack him or move him on whether that’s giving him a free transfer because at the moment, they’re trying to build something that’s not ready to win the Premier League or the Champions League right now.”