Sambo Dasuki, immediate past former National Security Adviser, has been brought before a Federal High Court in Abuja, for the first time since he was released from a four-year detention.
He was brought before Justice Ahmed Mohammed over charges of money laundering and illegal possession of firearms instituted against him by the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) in 2015.
Olukayode Ariwoola, Dasuki’s lawyer, withdrew two separate applications filed in protest of his continued trial while being detained by the DSS.
In withdrawing the applications, on Thursday Ariwoola said they had been overtaken by the event of the release of his client.
Responding, the prosecuting counsel, Dipo Okpeseyi (SAN), said he had no objection to the request to have the applications withdrawn.
The judge subsequently struck out the applications and adjourned trial till March 11 and 12.
Read Also: Falana Advises S/West Govs To Send Amotekun Bills To State Assemblies
Two separate sets of charges of alleged diversion of funds earmarked for the procurement of arms meant for fighting Boko Haram in the North-East pending against him at the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in Abuja have not been heard since December 24, 2019 when he was released from the custody of the Department of State Services.