Salihu Yakasai, the Director-General, Media and Communications, Kano State Government, has said that Muhammadu Sanusi II, the deposed Emir of Kano, won’t have access to visitors.
Read Also: Stop Sending Me Condolences, We Didn’t Die – Sanusi’s Daughter
He said this on Monday after the monarch was removed by the state government.
Sanusi’s removal was announced by Usman Alhaji, Secretary to the State Government. He said the former Central Bank of Nigeria governor had been disrespectful to lawful instructions by the state governor.
Read Also: Boko Haram Kills Villagers, Hospitalised Soldiers In Niger
After Sanusi’s removal, his sympathisers raised their hope that he could emerge as the presidential or governorship candidate of a political party in the 2023 general election.
Read Also: Photos: 24 Die In Jigawa Road Crash
But Yakasi via his Twitter handle, @dawisu, said: “Clearly, some people are ignorant of how dethronement works. When an Emir is dethroned, he is sent to exile in a remote location and will basically be under house arrest and won’t have access to visitors. A person under these circumstances will be after his freedom and not the next election.”