Godwin Obaseki, Edo governor, has disclosed that his administration has spent over N1 billion, to curtail the spread of Coronavirus in the state.
The state currently has 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Speaking at a press briefing over the weekend in Benin City, the state capital, the governor said his government is working hard to fight the virus with its limited resources, Information Nigeria reports.
“The government of Edo State is leading this battle from the front. We have already spent over N1billion of our limited resources so far on this fight.
“We have constituted a committee in Edo State which is made up of our sons and daughters who are captains of industries, religious leaders, traditional rulers to help us galvanise efforts at mobilizing resources to beef up the state government’s response to this pandemic,” he said.
He also announced a dusk-to-dawn curfew, which is to start from April 20.
He said the curfew, which is from 7.00pm to 6.00am, is subject to review after 10 days, when the state has achieved a certain number of testing.