A section of the palace of Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, has been razed by fire which is attributed to a power surge.
An apartment within the courtyard of the palace was gutted by fire at about 11:30 pm on Friday.
The palace spokesman, Otunba Moses Olafare, confirmed the incident, saying that the situation had been brought under control.
Residents said the fire started after an explosion from electrical appliances in the affected apartment.
The fire was put out through the combined efforts of the fire service, palace aides and indigenes.
Discussion about this post