Tottenham striker, Harry Kane, says he has “never refused to train” and will return to the club on Saturday as planned.
Kane, who has been on an extended holiday after Euro 2020, did not turn up as scheduled on Monday for his coronavirus tests.
The 28-year-old believes he has a gentleman’s agreement with chairman Daniel Levy to leave Spurs this summer.
He says that he has been “hurt” by comments this week that questioned his professionalism.
“While I won’t go into the specifics of the situation, I want to clarify that I would never, and have never, refused to train. I will be returning to the club tomorrow as planned,” he wrote on Twitter.
“I wouldn’t do anything to jeopardise the relationship I have with the fans who have given me such unwavering support during my time with the club. This has always been the case as it is today.”
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has confirmed the club’s interest in Kane, but they are not thought to be willing to meet Spurs’ £160m valuation.
New Tottenham manager Nuno Espirito Santo says he has yet to speak to the striker since his arrival at the club last month.
Kane, who joined Tottenham at the age of 11, has three years remaining on the six-year deal he signed in 2018.
He scored 23 top-flight goals last season to claim the Premier League Golden Boot for a third time, having previously won the award in 2015-16 and 2016-17.
He also has 221 Tottenham goals to his name, which puts him second on their all-time goalscorers’ list behind Jimmy Greaves, who scored 266 times for the club between 1961 and 1970.
Tottenham open their Premier League campaign with a home game against Manchester City on Sunday, 15 August.