A man identified as Chidiebere Christopher Nwoke, has reportedly died after he was bitten by a snake on his farm in Umuahia, Abia State.
Read Also: BREAKING: Kano Dethrones Sanusi As Emir
It was reported that the deceased was weeding his farm with his brother on February 6, when he unknowingly inflicted a cut on the viper, locally known in the area as “Ajuala”.
The snake was said to have bitten him on his left hand, which resulted in serious swelling.
Read Also: ASUU Begins Warning Strike Over IPPIS
Nwoke was taken to a native doctor, who gave him some herbal drugs to call out the poison and stabilize him.
However, the drugs did not help him.