The President of the Student Union Government (SUG) of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Abdulazeez Adedeji, has said that an undergraduate student of the institution, identified simply as Oromidayo, who was discovered dead on Sunday in his room, was killed by generator fumes.
Newsbreak reports that another student, a female, suspected to be Oromidayo’s lover was said to be in a coma as medical personnel battle to revive her at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan.
Some people linked the young man’s death to excessive sex, but Adedeji said that might not true.
“On Sunday, the two of them were together at the hostel when the incident happened. When I got to the hostel yesterday (Monday), I realised that the fumes emanating from the generator were coming directly into his (Oromidayo’s) room.
“The girl is on a life support machine at the UCH,” Punch quotes the SUG President as saying.