There is currently palpable tension on Gerrad Road in the Ikoyi axis of Lagos following the collapse of a 21-storey building under completion in the area.
The building collapsed around 2pm on Monday and had scores of persons trapped in the subsequent rubble, including the owner of the building, Femi Osibona, the Managing Director of Fourscore Homes.
A total of 21 persons have been confirmed dead as a result of the collapse, while nine persons were brought out of the rubble alive.
Below are some things you did not know about the Ikoyi collapsed building:
1. The collapsed building was one of three towers called 360 Degrees, Ikoyi.
2. The towers include marionettes, flats, duplexes and penthouses.
3. The towers are being constructed by Fourscore Homes owned by businessman, Femi Osibona.
4. Some of the features of the building include an open outdoor recreation area with TV, a gym, a swimming pool and more.
5. The expected completion date of the project is 2022.
6. Initial deposit for any of the penthouses is from $1.2m (over N492m), with the cheapest penthouse being $5 million (over N2 billion).
7. The developers lured buyers with the promise of “a 7-star hotel experience living in the heart of Ikoyi”.
Additional information gotten from the Punch