Olanrewaju James Omiyinka, a Nollywood actor popularly known as Baba Ijesha, who is currently facing charges of sexual assault, has reportedly urged his supporters to ignore popular comedienne, Damilola Adekoya, better known as Princess.
This was disclosed by Princess, who on Wednesday took to her verified Instagram account to release some damning evidence against Baba Ijesha after his first court appearance.
According to the voice note released by comedienne, the embattled actor instructed his group members to spread false information.
In the voice note shared, Baba Ijesha was heard saying, “When something happens to someone that has a name, one must tread carefully so that the matter will die down. If you keep answering her, the matter will not die down. After she said this, she cannot say another thing tomorrow. She cannot go to social media again because they have banned everything.
“You people should not fret; all of you should just keep doing publicity for me but act as if you do not know me. Share messages; I know you know how to write inspirational articles. Just say that we do not know the truth yet but Baba Ijesha will still come out by himself. That is all you need to say. Apply wisdom in all you do.”
Princess also shared some messages she got from a lady who identified herself as Makinwa Elizabeth. Elizabeth told Princess that she works as Baba Ijesha’s secretary and also the admin for Baba Ijesha WhatsApp group.
In the voice note, she claimed that she and her sister were almost victims of the embattled actor.
In another voice note, Princess released, an unnamed lady claimed she was almost raped by the actor.
Baba Ijesa was arrested on 22 April after he was recently caught on tape harassing a minor in the care of popular comedienne, Damilola Adekoya, better known as Princess.
There has been public outcry following the revelation that Baba Ijesha allegedly raped the foster-daughter of Princess when she was seven years old, and molested her recently at 14 years old.
In a video that went viral on social media, he was seen confessing to the crime and pleading for forgiveness.
He had been granted bail on 17 May by magistrates on tour to decongest prisons in the state during the industrial action by the Judicial Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN).
He, however, could not meet the bail conditions which include N500,000 and a level 16 civil servant as surety.
At his first court appearance before a Yaba Magistrates’ Court in Lagos State on Wednesday, Baba Ijesha was denied a bail application brought forward by the actor’s legal team.
According to one of the counsel for the suspect, Kayode Olabinran, the magistrate declined granting his client bail as the case was already filed at the High Court in Lagos by the Directorate of Public Prosecutions in the state.