The death of a 12-year-old secondary school boy has gone viral, after the circumstances behind his death made people to feel pity and compassion, thereby causing the public to cry for Justice for the lost and his family.
Here is a brief summary of the story
- Sylvester Oromoni Jr was born on December 4, 2009.
- He was a junior student at Dowen College Lagos. A school that cost his parents over a million Naira.
- He suffered Bullying from senior students. This was drawn to the school’s attention and the the culprits were suspended.
- The tragic death of Sylvester came to public ears, when his cousin Perrison Oronomi tweeted about the incident.
- Young Sylvester was rushed to the hospital after the school called his parents, calming he suffered injuries while playing football.
- Young Sylvester was brutally beaten by five senior students of the school for refusing to join cult.
- Young Sylvester revealed this to his parents while mentioning the names of the same senior students that was suspended for bullying him.
- He 12 year old passed away after suffering severe pains. Doctors revealed he also suffered liver enlargement which congealed blood by the side of his liver.
- Dowen College denied this accusation, saying the child suffered those injuries while playing football.
- Nigerians have reacted badly to the sad story and are demanding justice. Some people who reacted includes; former Nigeria Vice President; Atiku Abubakar, Tonto Dikeh, Caroline Danjuma, Kanayo .O. Kanayo
- Lagos State has shut down the school indefinitely
- Today December 4th makes Sylvester Jr 12 years and his father Sylvester Snr has revealed he will still celebrate his little boy by baking a cake and cutting it on his behalf.