Here are ten notable facts about the late Oba of Benin, Omo n’Oba n’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa I.
- Formerly known as Prince Solomon Akenzua, the late monarch was born in 1923.
- He attended Government College in Ibadan between 1939-1945
- Oba Erediauwa proceeded to read Law and Administration at the King’s College, Cambridge
- After his education overseas, Oba Erediauwa returned and joined the Eastern Nigeria Civil Service in 1957 as a District Officer
- The late Oba Erediauwa was Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Health until 1973
- He was appointed the Commissioner for Finance in Bendel State during the Military Administration of Major-General George Agbazika Innih.
- The late monarch lost his first wife, Queen Esther in January 2014 after she suffered a brief illness.
- He ascended the throne of his father on 23rd March, 1979 as the 38th monarch of benin kingdom
- He celebrated 30 years anniversary in 2009 with a week carnival to showcase Benin arts and culture.