A two year old girl, Arietta-Grace Barnett, has died after drinking a toilet cleaner in Southampton, England.
Read Also: 774,000 Jobs: Lawmakers Have No Powers To Dictate To Executive – Keyamo
An inquest heard on Tuesday, that the household product was a very poisonous substance.
Barnett was at home when she ingested the product, and was found by her sister, who rushed her to Southampton General Hospital.
She returned home four days after receiving treatment, but suffered nose bleeding and began vomiting blood six days, and then died later after she was rushed to the same hospital again.
Read Also: Police Recover Three Skulls, One Corpse From Human Parts Dealer In Rivers
The incident happened in June 2019, Portsmouth Coroners Court heard.
Her parents, Lucy Cook and Scott Barnett, attended the preliminary opening of the inquest according to the Sun UK.
Area coroner for Hampshire, Portsmouth and Southampton, Rosamund Rhodes-Kemp said:
Read Also: COVID-19: Ajayi Puts Political Differences Aside, Wishes Akeredolu Speedy Recovery
“On the 28th June 2019 (she) ingested toilet cleaner.
“On the 9th July, very sadly Arietta-Grace Barnett suffered a nose bleed and then she started vomiting blood.
“She was taken back to hospital but unfortunately it was not possible to save her.”
Read Also: 774,000 Jobs: Tinubu’s Daughter, MC Oluomo, Others To Recruit 20,000 Youths In Lagos
The family said they wants a full inquest, with the saying the date and location of the full inquest, which will take two days, is yet to be determined.